Thursday, January 12, 2012

Where does time go??



Wow! Sorry it's been several days since I posted. Things have been crazy around here. I'm either cleaning, cooking, or school work! Accounting home work has my head spinning (and that's my major haha).

So how is every one's resolutions coming along? I honestly haven't had a chance to look at mine, but I have been changing things around here. I have been more positive. I have noticed a difference in not just me but my family. Even Joey has been making changes and it melts my heart and love him more. I love seeing him being an awesome daddy and husband!

 The other part of my resolutions I have been working on is finances. I signed with with www.mint.com and have been tracking our fiances. They have amazing features to use. I have been using coupons, taking surveys, swagbucks, coke rewards, pampers rewards, and baby sitting more children to help financially. It's two weeks into the year and I just have this feeling this is going to be a great (and busy!!) year for us.

I did leave out a resolution of finishing my associates degree and graduate in December. I have made it 8 months. Only 11 months to go. I can do this!! I love my major. I have been having difficulties getting a few assignments in on time so to add to that resolution is getting ahead on all school work (mostly finals) and NO MORE LATE WORK!! I have a 3.0 but I know I can do better!

Sorry this blog has been a bunch of blabbing. :) I will conclude with a very yummy recipe I made today from The Marathon Mom. The link to her site is http://themarathonmom.com/granola-energy-balls.htm. It is a very easy recipe and tastes so good! I used chia seeds instead of flaxseed because I didn't have it.

Granola Energy Balls

Ingredients:
  • 2 cups oats
  • 2 cups coconut flakes
  • 1 cup peanut butter
  • 1 cup ground flaxseed
  • 1 cup chocolate chips
  • 2/3 cup honey (I use raw, unfiltered.)
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
Steps:
  1. Mix all ingredients thoroughly.
  2. Roll into bite-size balls. (The size you roll them will determine how many the recipe yields. I rolled mine a little bigger and the recipe made about 18 balls.)
  3. Store in fridge.


I put a link to her site also so you can print it. Once I figure it out I will post recipes with print capabilities. (Any suggestions??)

Have a good night (or day). Thanks for stopping by!

-Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment