Thursday, January 12, 2012

Thankful Thursday: Bedtime



      I have been following The Marathon Mom (www.themarathonmom.com) for awhile now. She does a post on Thursdays for one thing she is thankful for. I was going to wait until next week but why put it off?

I love my children and the chaos of everyday life. Although I would have to say I am thankful for bedtime. I enjoy my days with my kidlets, but every mom (or parent) needs that break. I love bathing the babies, getting on comfy pajamas, reading them bedtime stories, tucking them in, and getting those lovings hug and kisses. They look so precious when they are sleeping. They sweet faces and so quiet. :)




Another reason I love bedtime is I get mommy time. No needing to get juice cups, change diapers, break up fights, or hear crying. It's peaceful. I work on school work, eat that one snack I had to hide from the kids, and just relax and relish in time to myself. I think what makes this time the best is that I still have the kids upstairs, so I know they are safe.


It's the little things in life I am thankful for. It may be small but feels major to me. Try to take time to stop, take in your surroundings, and be thankful for the small things in life that God has blessed you with.

What are you thankful for?

-Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment